Your Local Lawyers

CALL 02 4929 4499 


Swimming pool owners beware...

By Jillian
Category: Conveyancing

If you own a home with a swimming pool or an outdoor spa, then pay attention.

From April 2016, all pool owners need a swimming pool compliance certificate before they can sell or lease a property.  

To get a compliance certificate, the local council or a private certifier will need to come and inspect your pool. If there are any problems with your pool, these will need to be fixed before you can lease or sell your property. This process can take time to organise and should be considered sooner rather than later.

These rules include swimming pools in strata properties as well.  You should be speaking with your Owners Corporation to make sure they are arranging a compliance certificate so that they have one available if you decide to sell.

Give us a call at Mason Lawyers if you have any questions about getting a compliance certificate organised. 

We're happy to help.